Despite the monitor issues I was having, I've managed to a bootloader running on the adapter. I spent a little bit of time today moving around some traces to make space for a reset button for the bootloader.
Everything is looking really good now, so I'm back on track for releasing all the source, and with that, making the adapter available for purchase!
I've also gotten a few more Canadian PCB manufacturing quotes, but I'm still waiting on a few more. We'll have to see what the final decision is going to be...
PS I got a new monitor, so hopefully no more rage-inducing screen flickering for me!